Major changes for fall 2011 (hopefully all will be done as I want some street time this yr!)
*tilt one piece front end installed
*House of Kolors Galaxy Grey paint!
*compression lowered to 8.25:1 with dished Arias pistons
*switch from 1.5 to 1.72 HS roller rockers changes net lift from .520 to .590
*upgrade to 88mm Garrett GT4718/4788 turbo from old 77mm Garrett
*polished Northwind intake and polished ported Edelbrock aluminum heads flowing 320 cfm @ .600
MODIFICATIONS IN 2010 AFTER PURCHASING FROM MARK L:
Since the 73 Trans Am came to me in April it has begun its slow transformation from a Drag Racing car as Mark had it, to a street car in the Pro-Touring style with eventual part time duty as a road racer. This is what I have done or is in the works....and its gonna be it for now cause I have no more cash to play with for the moment...lol.
-3.08 rear with S10 disc brakes. Had 3.73s, but turbos like LOAD, so the taller gears will be better.
-Converter restalled from 4600 to 3000....tight. Again, turbos like load
-methanol injection system with boost switch at 40%
-Oil accumulator to back up oiling system under hard right turns
-moved wastegate to clear front R tire
-consolidated and cleaned up wiring
-March Performance Style Track Serpentine System
-Vintage Air heat/air/defrost
-1987 WS6 steering gearbox 2.5:1
-new burnt orange cut pile carpet w/insulation
-RSX leather race seats
-new door sills
-Kenwood stereo & speakers
-new door hinge pins
-12 volt fan added to turbo oil cooler
-radiator dropped/tilted forward with intercooler
-glasstek early style tall TA hood scoop with piping reroute to put stock hood back on
-Complete fiberglass front end purchased. Will tilt forward. Not going on for a while...when the body gets reworked and repainted
Again, its not all installed yet because I hate taking it off the road! LOL.
DYNO RESULTS WITH THE TURBO SYSTEM INSTALLED BY PREVIOUS OWNER MARK L:
The first run @ 10 psi = 788 HP and 744
ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheels.
The next 2 pulls were 12 psi = 789.7 HP and 827.9 ft-lbs.
The last run was 15 psi = 889 HP and 822.3 ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheels.
The drivetrain loss is 20%, so that converts to 1064 HP and 987 foot-pounds
of torque at the motor at 15 psi.
I built the turbo system completely by myself with a real
welder finish-welding the parts. There is a video in the links here to a webpage showing the dyno run. Its the last car in the video. Their numbers flashed on the screen were incorrect....correct ones are listed above.
BY MARK L: This is a 73 TA I found in a machine shed. It
actually belonged to a friend and I didnt know that he
owned it. It is an original show car that he bought and
started using for everyday transportation. It started to
surface rust on the hood underside and a judge at a car
show somewhere asked him to not put the car in
judging. It was fine for him to bring it to the show but
they could not judge it due to the surface rust. So he
put it in the machine shed at a friends house and
totally dismantled the car.
When he offered it to me
he had completely taken out the motor, drive train,
rear end, and dropped the front frame stub out the bottom.
Because the spoilers and flairs were all moulded in
and painted he could not dismantle the sheet metal so
that is how I found it. Sitting on make shift saw horses
like a model car body, completely intact with no frame and or running gear.
Once I started to reconstruct it I
had to build it all back together with the sheet metal
all installed. The pics you see at the top are the first days on the
street. First car show in 2002. While it was apart I built
the motor (see below for specs).
Anonymous on May 21, 2008 said:
very nice[Reply to this comment]